- This event has passed.
Webinar | How to Use Shared Online Videos, Podcasts and Webcasts to Engage Online Learners
November 23, 2022 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 am
The global disruption wrought by COVID-19 has given institutions, faculty and instructors an unexpected gift: the opportunity to reimagine teaching and learning to create an equitable, humanistic learning ecosystem for all.
Structures that have resisted much-needed change now have the chance to pursue transformative improvements through more authentic learning and apprenticeship with experts in the real world.
Shared online videos, webcasts and podcasts offer a unique knowledge portal to the most adventurous and productive pioneers in most fields and disciplines — and interviews of leaders and emerging scholars in their respective fields serve as a historical roadmap of the progress made as well as exciting trends seen firsthand by people with decades of experience.
In this session, Dr. Curt Bonk, professor in the School of Education at Indiana University, details a range of innovative pedagogical uses for shared online video, webcasts and podcasts.
This webinar will leave you with a better understanding of:
• Tools and free, open online resources for building a dynamic educational ecosystem
• Methods to engage learners in cross-cultural exchanges and global education
• Ways to address learner diversity, equity and inclusion with digitally rich multimedia and innovative pedagogical approaches
• Simple and powerful techniques for students to learn online
• Ideas to extend course content with recent events and interesting educational programming
• Creative online instructor roles and philosophies
Host: Dr. Curtis J. Bonk, Professor, School of Education and Adjunct Professor, School of Informatics at Indiana University