- This event has passed.
How to Keep Zoom Classes Secure and Private (Partnered Event)
September 3 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
In this webinar you will learn:
• How to ensure your class is secure from potential intruders
• Why you should use Zoom’s waiting room
• Whether to allow private chat between students
• When it’s not appropriate to record classes
• Implications of requiring students to turn on their video
NOTE: This is a non-technical webinar aimed at educators. You will have the opportunity to ask questions. Advance reading of the article How to Keep Zoom Classes Secure and Private is recommended.
Presented by: Dr. Ron Owston
Contact North | Contact Nord Research Associate
Dr. Ron Owston is University Professor Emeritus at York University, as well as former Dean of the Faculty of Education and founding Director of the Institute for Research in Learning Technologies. A pioneer in online teaching and research, he ranks 10th in Google Scholar’s list of most cited blended learning researchers in the world. Currently, he is actively engaged in research, consulting, and public speaking, and is a research associate at Contact North|Contact Nord.