- This event has passed.
Zoom Active Learning Strategies
June 23, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
No one wants to passively sit through a straight lecture session for 60+ minutes, Zoom fatigue is a real issue. To help engage students and prevent passive learning you can use the features of Zoom to guide different types of interactive activities. In this session we will identify active learning strategies to be considered in a synchronous Zoom course, and share successful examples implemented this past spring. This session will employ active learning strategies and follow a suggested synchronous course agenda designed to break up long class sessions. Attendees will also learn where to locate additional training and support for using Zoom.
- List five active learning strategies using Zoom
- Discuss examples of successful Zoom classroom engagement
- Identify a sample agenda outline for a synchronous Zoom course session
- Describe how to troubleshoot most common technical issues
- Recognize Zoom support and additional training options