- This event has passed.
Webinar | How to Enhance, Extend and Even Transform Your Teaching with Hyper-Engaging Strategies
April 13 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Are you interested in active, engaging learning? What about hyper-engaging learning? Do you want to know how to foster critical and creative thinking as well as collaboration and technology integration? Do you focus too much on the risks and not enough on the opportunities? Do you want to be inspired by other innovative educators and rich examples?
Professor Curtis J. Bonk and Assistant Professor Meina Zhu from Wayne State University share how teachers from around the world are motivating and engaging their learners — and in the process, transforming education as we know it.
Sharing insights from their newly released book, Transformative Teaching Around the World: Stories of Cultural Impact, Technology Integration and Innovative Pedagogy(link is external), Dr. Bonk and Dr. Zhu provide more than 40 ways to liven up your classes and get your students more involved and engaged in their own learning. These strategies relate to creativity, critical thinking, cooperative and collaborative learning, and motivation, with a wide variety of innovative ideas for technology integration.
In this webinar, you’ll explore:
- Hyper-engaging strategies to foster critical and creative thinking and collaborative learning in fully online, blended and face-to-face environments
- Innovative ideas for technology integration in an increasingly digital world
- Dozens of activities that are low risk, low cost and low time
- Ways in which award-winning educators around the planet are implementing ideas from this webinar, and the challenges they have overcome
- Education 20/20 as a framework to help integrate ideas from this session, which can ultimately lead to transformative teaching
Hosts: Dr. Curtis J. Bonk Professor, School of Education and Adjunct Professor, School of Informatics at Indiana University