- This event has passed.
Webinar – How to Effectively Use Assessment in Online And Blended Learning to Help Your Students Succeed
October 7, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
There are new opportunities to rethink and reimagine how assessment for learning and assessments of learning takes place in an online and blended learning environment. Assessment is the key to retention and completion, and effective feedback critical to student success.
During this interactive webinar, five principles for assessment are explored:
- Authentic Assessment – enabling the student to capture and share what they learned, including project-based work, video, audio, presentation, and group work.
- Accessible Assessment – free of gender and cultural bias, inclusive and available to all student no matter what kind of technology they have access to.
- Automated Assessment – leveraging technology to give high quality feedback quickly and effectively.
- Continuous Assessment – learning is a continuous process and assessment should “walk alongside” while the students learn.
- Secure Assessment – ensuring academic integrity is present in all forms of assessment.
- Understanding what authentic and accessible assessment looks like and how it can be done.
- How to leverage technology to automate some of the burden of continuous assessment.
- How to create continuous assessment and feedback in an online and blended course.
- How to ensure integrity of assessment.
- How to manage student expectations.