- This event has passed.
How Do I Lead Change from the Middle?
June 18, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
New technology, regulatory upheaval, changing student demographics, longstanding faculty expectations, shifting workforce demands, and ever-changing university operations leave deans and department chairs adrift within a sea of undifferentiated information and competing demands. Major strategic choices come from university leadership leaving deans and chairs to focus on innovation management. Through insights developed in higher education and other industries, this program helps participants focus on the key drivers most important to foster positive change and department cohesion while enabling the leadership to succeed with the limited authority afforded to deans and department chairs.
After this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify key drivers changing schools and colleges
- Craft a strategy for strategic improvement
- Provide concrete leadership strategies to manage primary challenges
- Emphasize techniques to enhance student learning outcomes
- Increase buy-in for faculty, staff, and senior administration
Presented By: Jon M. Garon, JD
Facilitated Discussion – Tim J. Wood, DHSc, PA-C