- This event has passed.
Connecting Educational Concepts with Mind Mapping Techniques
October 28, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Mind mapping is a technique used to visually outline information. By using words, pictures and diagrams, mind mapping can help professors teach connections in course material, as well as help students study.
The main concept, or idea, is at the center of the mind map. From the nucleus-center, themes associated with the main concept branch out; and from each of these themes, additional branches or twigs begin to grow as attributing information begins to unveil itself as a subset of the theme or idea. Mind mapping technique can help students visualize subject content and conceptually display how various ideas are interconnected.
In this CETL Session we will:
– explain the basic theory of mind mapping
– identify how larger concepts can be broken down into smaller themes and ideas
– list various educational technology tools to assist in the creation of a mind map
– identify example mind maps used in medical education
– apply new knowledge by creating a mind map
- Tracy A. Mendolia-Moore, M.A.Ed. | Manager of 3D Educational Technology Innovations