- This event has passed.
Webinar | The Generative AI Mirror: The Five Pathologies of Edtech Discourse About New Technologies
September 6 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Generative AI technologies such as ChatGPT introduce radically new possibilities for higher education. But like previous innovations, including MOOCs, the reaction to and discussion around the innovations can reflect more about higher education and our shared culture than about the likely implications.
It’s vital that we don’t overreact, whether our concerns about these tools relate to academic integrity or job replacement. Taking advantage of inevitable change requires a level of self-reflection and understanding of real learner usage and needs, and an ability to view technology as a part of change, not the whole of it.
In this session, you’ll explore five pathologies of higher education discourse around generative AI as well as the lasting changes you can expect.
This webinar will help you to:
- Prioritize sustained attention and experimentation, while steering clear of trendiness for better outcomes in edtech
- Establish realistic expectations to prevent disillusionment and foster long-term progress in generative AI
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of generative AI within a broader ecosystem, acknowledging tools as part of a larger solution
- Embrace the value of non-learning tech applications for creative educational approaches, harnessing the potential of generative AI
- Overcome moral panic, explore the benefits and challenges of generative AI, and drive transformative change in teaching, learning and assessment
Phil Hill | Educational Technology Consultant and Industry Analyst, Phil Hill & Associates
Glenda Morgan | EdTech Analyst, Phil Hill & Associates