- This event has passed.
Webinar | The Future of Learning Technology: 10 Key Tools and Methods
September 21 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the education system in Canada and around the world received an unexpected shock as schools, colleges and universities closed and people began working and learning from home. As faculty, instructors, students, administrators, policy-makers and funders, we learned a lot. But what can we expect in the future?
In this webinar, Contact North I Contact Nord Research Associate Stephen Downes discusses the 10 major educational technology tools, methods and developments that are expected to be more widely adopted within two to three years and will likely be mainstream by 2030.
You’ll come away from this engaging and interactive webinar with an understanding of the following:
1. Why the web of data is the most significant long-term transformation in knowledge and learning
2. How virtualization will remove computing from devices
3. What the application of graph theory will look like for post-secondary institutions
4. How decentralized resource networks will help institutions look at emerging pedagogies
5. Building and managing consensus-based community with a variety of distributed technologies
6. How online identity is created and managed
7. The importance of combining content and creativity
8. How institutions will recognize learning by job offers and not degrees or diplomas
9. How education institutions will emphasize and promote individual agency
10. What technologies will be used to meet people where they are, whether that’s at home, the community centre, school or the workplace