- This event has passed.
Webinar – Encouraging Student Persistence
June 27, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Colleges have long worked toward the imperative of student success. Yet, the Covid-19 pandemic and its fallout have upended many of their efforts, with steep declines in enrollment and retention, particularly among Latinx and Black students. How are colleges acting now to address the needs of those students most deeply impacted by the pandemic, in order to keep them on track to a degree?
The virtual forum, “Encouraging Student Persistence,” explores how colleges are designing new programs that take this challenge head-on. Join us as a panel of national experts and the leaders of student-support programs discuss what’s working:
- What are leaders doing differently to promote positive outcomes in support programs?
- How are advocates moving the conversation around students in a new, more positive direction?
- How can this shift attitudes and, as a result, help students persist on their educational journeys?
With support from EdSights.
- Oyin Adedoyin, staff reporter, The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Marybeth Gasman, Samuel DeWitt Proctor Endowed Chair in Education, Rutgers University