- This event has passed.
Webinar – Building an Inclusive Workplace: Session 2 – Live Recording
February 4 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Higher education is facing change. How efficiently our IT organizations respond to tightening budgets, cybersecurity threats, academic program changes, and merging service units will depend on inclusive teams. While nimble technology can support many services, it is the people in an organization who provide creative solutions to challenges.
- Realize that everyone has biases
- Understand what an inclusive team is and the value in building a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Plan for a sustainable improvement process including action items for change
- Review the 5 key dynamics of successful teams and the roles and responsibilities to support them
- Understand how to support DEI in the workplace through a case study discussion
This two-part webinar series will discuss how to build inclusive teams and engage participants in the practice of building an inclusive team. We’ll start with a brief background on bias (unconscious and conscious) and how bias affects teams. Research demonstrates that successful change occurs in small but specific increments. By starting small, we can make a positive impact in our classrooms and across our campuses. We will also discuss building motivation, developing talent, and using data to build inclusive teams.
Marcia Dority Baker
Assistant Director, Academic Technologies, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
Manager, IT Service Management, University of Nebraska ? Lincoln