- This event has passed.
Team-Based Learning 101
April 2, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Team-Based Learning is an evidence based collaborative learning teaching strategy designed around units of instruction, that are taught in a three-step cycle. Some medical schools are reporting an ABIM pass rate of 85% before TBL implementation, and a95% pass rate after TBL implementation.
Some Benefits of TBL over Didactic teaching include:
- Improved learner engagement during class
- Better content retention through active learner engagement
- Development of problem-solving and critical thinking skills
This session will introduce you to Team-Based Learning and provide resources to get you started. Learning objectives include:
- Define Team-Based Learning
- Describe the four essential elements of TBL
- Identify the S’ of Application Development
- Explain the TBL Course Framework