- This event has passed.
Set the Stage: Make eLearning Relevant and Authentic with Scenarios
January 18 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
In this session, you’ll learn how to create relevant and authentic scenarios to enhance your eLearning and improve performance. First, you’ll learn tips for creating characters that learners can identify with and recognize from their workplace. Next, you’ll see different techniques to “set the scene” and create an authentic context for the scenario through both language and media. You’ll learn how crafting realistic challenges and conflicts helps engage learners and drive the scenario forward. Finally, you’ll see how giving learners opportunities to make decisions with consequences in authentic scenarios helps eLearning feel immediately relevant. You’ll leave this session with an approach to weaving different aspects of scenarios together to bring your eLearning to life.
Key attendee takeaways:
- How to create relevant and authentic scenarios in eLearning
- Tips for creating realistic characters that learners identify with
- Techniques to “set the scene” and provide authentic context in scenarios
- How to craft realistic conflicts and challenges
- Why scenarios help eLearning feel immediately relevant to learners
- Tips for bringing dry content to life