- This event has passed.
Partner Webinar: How to Create Active and Engaging Learning Experiences with Zoom Breakout Rooms
February 26, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Zoom’s breakout rooms provide a unique opportunity to learn to create active and engaging learning experiences for students.
Join Contact North | Contact Nord’s Research Associate, Dr. Ron Owston, who describes how educators can:
- Move beyond holding ineffective, unstructured breakout room discussions
- Create distinctive breakout room roles for students to promote active participation
- Employ a variety of tools and techniques to enhance breakout room experiences
- Pre-assign students to breakout rooms or allow them to chose their own
- Design creative ways for students to report breakout room outcomes to the whole class
- Make use of breakout rooms in large enrolment courses
Participants have ample opportunity to ask questions during the webinar.
NOTE: Registrants are expected to have a basic knowledge of how to use Zoom.