- This event has passed.
How to Teach Online Effectively Using Zoom (Partner Event)
August 18, 2020 @ 8:15 am - August 22, 2020 @ 9:15 am
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to use Zoom effectively to engage with and involve students in their learning;
- How to use Zoom, not just to deliver lectures or make one-way presentations to students, but to facilitate small group work, class challenges, and student presentations;
- How to move from talking head to active learning with Zoom;
- How to make learning valuable and successful when teaching via Zoom, and;
- What are the “top tips” users have from using Zoom for teaching.
NOTE: A basic knowledge of how-to-setup and join a Zoom meeting is assumed. If you do not have these skills, visit http://zoom.us to get a free account, or get one from your institution, to familiarize yourself before the session.
Presented by: Dr. Ron Owston
Contact North | Contact Nord Research Associate
Dr. Ron Owston is University Professor Emeritus at York University, as well as former Dean of the Faculty of Education and founding Director of the Institute for Research in Learning Technologies. A pioneer in online teaching and research, he ranks 10th in Google Scholar’s list of most cited blended learning researchers in the world. Currently, he is actively engaged in research, consulting, and public speaking, and is a research associate at Contact North|Contact Nord.
This Partner Event is hosted by Contact North Nord: https://teachonline.ca