- This event has passed.
Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges…Or do we?
October 4, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
We may not be Troop Beverly Hills, but CETL badges are a great way to encourage group attendance and reward participation. A digital badge is a visual symbol that represents the development of a new skill that can be displayed, accessed, and verified online. Badges typically represent competencies not shown on a transcript, including learning from professional development, volunteer work, and other co-curricular activities. Digital badges are becoming popular because of the benefits they provide for both workers and employers. For professionals, badges demonstrate proof of their skills and accomplishments, which they can display on their online professional profiles, in their email signatures, and on social media.
In this session we will:
- Discuss Digital Badges & Micro-Credentials
- Identify & compare various digital badging platforms
- Explain the back-end process of attendance to awarding the badge to sharing the badge
- Describe CETL’s Digital Badge Program
- Share examples of where one might implement digital badging