- This event has passed.
20 Minute Mentor | What activities and assignments promote critical thinking?
February 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Feeling frustrated that your students are not thinking critically? Don’t know what steps to take to help encourage critical thinking in your courses? Come watch this 20 Minute Mentor video featuring Linda Nilson. We will watch this 20 Minute Mentor video together, stopping to discuss finer points and ask deeper questions.
This interactive session will enable the attendee to:
- explain what critical thinking is for teaching purposes
- identify content suitable for teaching critical thinking
- write assessable critical thinking learning outcomes relevant to your discipline
- select and adapt methods and strategies for teaching critical thinking
- avoid common instructor mistakes
NOTE: This session will be presented in the HyFlex format. We will be hosting this in person in Bartlett Flexible Space in HPC with lunch being served. It will also be streamed via Zoom simultaneously.
If you plan to attend in person, please enter “In person” in the Comments section when you register.
If you plan to attend via Zoom, please enter “Zoom” in the Comments section when you register so we can send you the Zoom link.