January 25-27, 2021
February 5, 2021
Academic Boot Camp (ABC) is designed for New WesternU Faculty who have joined the university within the past year. ABC emphasizes the pedagogical basics of learning objectives, learning events, and assessment item writing. This session has been specifically re-tooled to not only teach the pedagogical basics but also emphasize technology and the skills needed for remote teaching and learning.
This intensive 4-day seminar/workshop, plus an Alumni Day, focuses on specific issues of teaching and student learning:
- learning objectives
- designing the learning experience
- assessing the student (focusing on test item writing)
- online pedagogy
Other topics to be covered will include:
- best practices for PowerPoint
- test item analysis
- dealing with difficult student behaviors
- teaching with technology
- promotion & tenure
ABC Winter 2021 will be held January 25, 26, 27, and February 5, 2021, and will be run remotely via Zoom and MS Teams to help familiarize faculty with both tech solutions. Additionally, a bonus Alumni Day will be scheduled during the Spring semester with the date TBD.
The deadline to submit your application is January 18, 2021.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Students will present a capstone project on Friday, February 5th.
* NOTE: A laptop or tablet is required to get the most out of this seminar/workshop. There will be in-class assignments, as well as homework each night. Please be prepared to work – it IS called BOOT CAMP.