Academic Boot Camp – July 2020 Application
ABC 2020: JULY 13 – 15, 2020 @ 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
This intensive 3 day seminar/workshop focuses on three specific issues of teaching and student learning:
- learning objectives,
- designing the learning experience,
- assessing the student (focusing on test item writing).
Other topics to be covered will be:
- best practices for PowerPoint,
- test item analysis,
- intergenerational issues,
- student transference behaviors, and
- teaching with technology.
Students will present a capstone project on the afternoon of the final day of Boot Camp.
* NOTE: A laptop or tablet is required to get the most out of this seminar/workshop. There will be in-class assignments, as well as homework each night. Please be prepared to work – it IS called BOOT CAMP.
Participants will receive the texts: Blueprint for Learning by Laurie Richlin, and Essential Skills for a Medical Teacher by Ron Hardin and Jennifer Laidlaw. Participants successfully completing ABC2020 will receive a certificate of completion.
- 3 Day Seminar/Workshop
- ONLY 20 Seats Available
- Certificate of Completion